No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Audio Interface
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96
Whether you are a musician, producer, or podcaster on a tight budget, the AudioBox USB® 96 is for you! This simple, handy little recording interface has just the right features for basic recording needs, allowing you to plug in and start recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz audio right away. Bus-powered and built to travel, the AudioBox USB 96 makes recording easy.
Just the right size.
The AudioBox USB 96’s two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel.
Here is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it’s USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
World-class recording software included.
While the AudioBox USB 96 works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for PreSonus’ Studio One Artist DAW, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
Built for the studio and the road.
Whether you’re just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB 96 will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that’s ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB 96 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box. Check out the AudioBox USB 96 and Studio One at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren’t gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you’ll rely on for countless mixes.
- Latency monitoring
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+105 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Compatible with most Mac® and Windows® recording software
- Studio One Artist
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
- Computer Connectivity – USB
- Form Factor – Portable, Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O – 2 x 2
- Number of Preamps – 2
- Phantom Power – Yes
- A/D Resolution – 24-bit/96kHz
- Built In DSP/FX – 20 Native effect plug-ins
- Analog Inputs – 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/instrument)
- Analog Outputs – 2 x 1/4″ (main out)
- Headphones – 1 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O – In/Out
- USB – 1 x Type B
- Bus Powered – Yes
- Software – Studio One 3 Artist DAW included
- OS Requirements – Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later, Intel Core i3 or higher, 4GB RAM or more recommended
- OS Requirements – PC Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or later, Intel Core i3 or higher, 8GB
- RAM or more recommended
- Depth – 1.75″
- Width – 5.5″
- Height – 5.5″
- Weight – 5 lbs.
The ProAudio has a team of music gear experts who provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Talk with the ProAudio Consultant today and we will assist in choosing the suitable outboard gear needed for your audio requirements.