No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
PreSonus Quantum Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- 26-in/32-out audio interface in a 1U rackmount chassis
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity delivers ultra-low-latency performance
- 8 recallable Class A XMAX preamps onboard, with 2 instrument inputs
- 2 sets of ADAT I/O and the ability to link up to 4 Quantums via Thunderbolt 2
- 24-bit/192kHz digital converters with 120dB of dynamic range
- Studio One Artist and Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
Quantum 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface/Studio Command Center
Your expandable, ultra-high definition recording system.
Taking full advantage of the high-speed Thunderbolt 2 bus and ADAT Optical I/O, the PreSonus Quantum audio/MIDI interface delivers up to 26 inputs and 32 outputs, with extremely low latency. Boasting superb audio quality; 24-bit, 192 kHz recording and playback; recallable XMAX microphone preamps; and the ability to expand your system as your needs grow, it’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
We cut the wait.
Every design decision during Quantum’s engineering was made with one goal in mind: speed. Quantum sports high-speed Thunderbolt 2 connectivity and a no-frills, direct-to-DAW architecture, with no DSP. The result is our leanest, fastest, lowest-latency interface to date.
Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 120 dB of dynamic range and a surprising amount of expandability and software control options round out the package.
Expandable when you need more I/O—up to 96 in and out.
The Quantum offers two combo mic/line/instrument inputs and six combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally-controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power. You also get two ¼-inch TRS main outputs, eight ¼-inch TRS aux outputs, and two independent headphone outs with dedicated volume controls. But that’s just the start. With ADAT Optical I/O and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O, you can have up to 18 digital inputs and outputs. And if you need even more I/O channels, you can stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a monster system with up to 96 in and out. BNC word clock I/O ensures your Quantum and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync. And of course you get MIDI I/O, too.
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
A superior choice for any production environment.
With its pro features and abundant I/O, the Quantum fits into any recording and production environment. You get two main and eight auxiliary balanced line-level outputs, as well as Mute/Dim and Mono controls. The onboard talkback mic can be routed to any mix, and you can listen to any mix from either of two independent headphone amps. All 10 analog outputs are DC coupled so they can provide control voltage to external analog equipment. Add that to Quantum’s expandability, flexible software suite, blazing speed, and superb sound quality, and you have a recording system that will be the heart of your dream studio for years to come.
Tight integration with Studio One.
With the Quantum, your audio interface is an integrated extension of your recording environment. Launch Studio One®, and you’ll find full preamp control integrated into your recording environment. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad®.
Remote control with UC Surface, too!
The Quantum’s onboard features can also be controlled in PreSonus’ free UC Surface control software, so even if you use third-party recording software, you can remotely access them. We even included a real-time analyzer to monitor your audio streams. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for an intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need.
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren’t gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you’ll rely on for countless mixes.
- 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- PreSonus’ fastest interface; record direct to DAW (no DSP)
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt for a monster system
- Talkback switch and internal Talkback microphone
- Mute/Dim and Mono switches
- Assignable output level control
- 10 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output)
- Tight integration with included Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac/Windows/iPad) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs/32 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument/line inputs
- 6 rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 8 XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line-level main outputs
- 8 balanced ¼” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs are DC coupled for sending control voltages for analog gear
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16×16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8×8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 2 high-volume headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Top-quality 120 dB A/D/A converters
- BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 12 VDC external power supply (included)
- Computer Connectivity – Thunderbolt 2
- Form Factor – Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O – 26 x 32
- A/D Resolution – Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Built-In DSP/FX – Studio Magic Plug-in Suite (VST, AU, AAX)
- Number of Preamps – 8
- Phantom Power – Yes
- Analog Inputs – 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line/Hi-Z), 6 x XLR-1/4″ combo(mic/line)
- Analog Outputs – 8 x 1/4″ TRS (line out), 2 x 1/4″ (main out)
- Digital Inputs – 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs – 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones – 2 x 1/4″
- Data I/O – 2 x Thunderbolt 2
- MIDI I/O – In/Out
- Clock I/O – In/Out
- Software – Studio One Artist included
- OS Requirements – Mac OS X 10.11.6 or later, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended iOS 9.3 or later
- OS Requirements – PC Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended Android 5.0 or later
- Rack Spaces – 1U
- Power Supply – 12V DC power supply
The ProAudio has a team of music gear experts who provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Talk with the ProAudio Consultant today and we will assist in choosing the suitable outboard gear needed for your audio requirements.