No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Presonus HP4 4 Channel Headphone Amplifier
- 4 Channel discrete headphone outputs
- Dedicated volume levels for each channel
- Balanced/unbalanced I/O ¼” TRS
- -98dB noise floor Super-quiet response
- Wide frequency range
- With MONITOR MUTE button,serve as control room monitor controller
Are you and your session players and bandmates tired of straining to hear underpowered headphones? We were too. That’s why Jim Odom and his jambalaya-fueled team of engineers designed 150 mW headphone amps for the HP4 headphone-distribution system.
These headphone amps are not just loud enough for session and stage use, they’re loud enough to explode the oysters in a Po’ Boy sandwich. Yet the sound is clear and clean, with a wide dynamic range. At last, everybody will be able to hear—assuming they are capable of hearing. Be careful with that level control!
Simplicity is the HP4’s hallmark. You get left and right line inputs, left and right line outputs with level control, and the four headphone outs. You can adjust the overall headphone level, sum the stereo signals to mono, and mute the rear-panel Monitor outputs.
If your needs grow, you can use the line outputs to feed the inputs of a second HP4 or an HP60. Chain as many headphone systems as you need.
Small yet versatile
Ideal for a modular setup with PreSonus’ other popular compact units (TubePre, Comp16, and EQ3B), the HP4 comes packed into a 1/3-rackspace chassis that’s super-efficient, durable, and frankly, cool-looking. And its diminuitive size is deceptive: you get an incredible amount of functionality and versatility out of this unit, making it perfect for your individual setup!
Four headphone outputs
The HP4 features four headphone outputs on the front panel each with its own volume potentiometer and 250mW of amplification per channel. For such an affordable unit, you get a great monitoring tool for any studio application.
Can you say quiet? PreSonus can with the HP4’s -98 dB noise floor and wide frequency response. Also, the HP4 allows control over control room monitors with a separate volume potentiometer that can be muted using the MONITOR MUTE button. The HP4 is powered by an external wall mounted power supply.
- 4 screaming-loud (150 mW per channel) stereo ¼” headphone outputs (front panel)
- 2 balanced ¼” line outputs (monitor outputs)
- 2 balanced ¼” line inputs
- Meters, Controls, and Features
- Headphone level control for each channel
- Mono summing switch for each channel
Monitor level control
- Monitor mute switch
- Daisy-chain multiple units via monitor outputs
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- External 16 VAC power supply
- Connector Type ¼” TRS, balanced
- THD+N 0.0025%, 1 kHz, unity gain
- Max Input Level +18 dBu, <0.5% THD+N, unity gain
- Input Impedance 10 kΩ
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.5dB
Connector Type ¼” TRS, asymmetrical, impedance-balanced
THD+N 0.0025%, 1 kHz, unity gain
Max Output Level +18 dBu, <0.5% THD+N
Output Impedance 51Ω
Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.5dB
- Connector Type ¼” TRS, stereo
- Max Output Power 130 mW/Ch., <0.5% THD+N, 60Ω load
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.5 dB, 60Ω load
- Headphone Impedance Working Range 32Ω – 600Ω
- External Adapter Type +12 VDC, 1000 mA, center pin positive
- Dimensions 1/3U rack-mount (with standard rack tray, not included)
- Height 1.75” (44.45 mm)
- Depth 5.5″ (139.7 mm)
- Width 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Weight 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
The ProAudio has a team of music gear experts who provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Talk with the ProAudio Consultant today and we will assist in choosing the suitable outboard gear needed for your audio requirements.