No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
PreSonus Eris Sub8 Powered Studio Subwoofer
It seems like you’ve provided a detailed description of the PreSonus Eris Sub8 studio subwoofer and its features. This subwoofer appears to be designed to complement smaller-sized studio monitors like the Eris E3.5 and E4.5. Here’s a breakdown of the key features you’ve mentioned:
Low-Frequency Driver and Amplifier:
The subwoofer features an 8-inch front-firing paper-composite transducer for delivering smooth low-frequency sounds. The transducer includes a high-elasticity rubber surround for clean low-frequency audio reproduction. It’s powered by a 100W Class AB amplifier that aims to provide robust output with minimal distortion.
Customizable Sound Reproduction:
The subwoofer offers several tuning controls to adapt to different room environments:
- Gain Knob: Allows for adjustable output levels ranging from -30dB to +6dB.
Lowpass Filter: Continuously variable control for taming resonances within the 50–130Hz frequency range.
- Highpass Filter: Defeatable filter that prevents frequencies below 80Hz from reaching the main studio monitors.
Polarity Invert Switch:
The subwoofer includes a polarity invert switch to correct phase-cancelation issues that might arise when integrating the subwoofer with the main studio monitors.
Balanced and Unbalanced I/O:
The subwoofer provides a variety of input and output options, including both balanced and unbalanced connections. This ensures compatibility and easy connectivity with other studio gear.
The subwoofer is equipped with protection mechanisms against various issues, including RF interference, extreme output current, excessive heat, and more. These features are designed to ensure the subwoofer’s longevity and reliable performance.
Overall, the PreSonus Eris Sub8 seems to offer a range of features that cater to the needs of a small studio setup, providing enhanced low-frequency support for accurate monitoring and sound reproduction. It’s important to note that the effectiveness of any studio equipment, including subwoofers, can also depend on the specific acoustic characteristics of the room they’re used in.
PreSonus Eris Sub8 Studio Subwoofer Features:
- The front-firing, 8-inch paper-composite transducer produces smooth low-frequency transients.
- Rubber surround with high flexibility guarantees squeaky-clean low-frequency audio reproduction.
- The 100W Class AB amplifier produces a strong output with no distortion.
- The gain knob allows for a constantly changeable output range of -30dB to +6dB.
- A continuously changing lowpass filter dampens resonances in the frequency range 50-130Hz.
- A defeasible highpass filter keeps sub-80Hz frequency content from reaching your primary monitors.
- The polarity invert switch eliminates phase-cancelation problems.
- Balanced and unbalanced I/O ensures easy communication with the rest of your equipment.
- Solid defense against RF interference, high output current, excessive heat, and other hazards.
The ProAudio has a team of music gear experts who provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Talk with the ProAudio Consultant today and we will assist in choosing the suitable outboard gear needed for your audio requirements.
Paper-composite Low-frequency Transducer with Rubber surround
100W Peak Class AB
2 x 1/4″ (left/right) , 1 x Dual RCA Stereo
2 x 1/4″ (left/right), 1 x Dual RCA Stereo
Low cut (80Hz, 100Hz), Over temperature protection, RF interference protection