No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Solid State Logic SSL 2 2×2 USB Audio Interface
- 2 x Class-Leading Mic Preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain)
- Favourable to Studio Quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots
- High Current Headphone Amp-USB Bus Power
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM Converters
- Legacy 4K Analogue Mode – Inspired by SSL4000 series console
The Solid State Logic SSL 2 USB Audio Interface offers an incredible array of creation benefits, dazzling sound quality and clearness from recording any stable source, making it the ideal backup for any venture or home music studio.
Following their function into more reasonable,available studio gear, the SSL 2 now puts the sound of vintage Solid State Logic studio tools into a powerful desktop 2-channel USB Audio Interface
SSL-Planned Analogue Simplicity
With perfectly SSL-planned simple analogue microphone preamps and immaculate 24/192kHz conversion, the DNA of the SSL2 is geared towards uncompromisied studio-quality sound. The SSL2 offers something a little bit higher than your normal USB Audio interface. It’s facilitated with Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement and a High-Frequency EQ Boost for adding vintage flavour to dull, dormant recordings.
Additionally kitted out with a clear monitoring path and elite-performance headphone amp for perfect clear playback, SSL2 is ideal for reference monitoring, recording and tracking, as well as mastering and music creation.
Finished off with an intuitive front-panel with low-latency speaker mix control, you’re always ready to capture the next incredible function.
SSL 2 Key Features
- Exclusive SSL Production Pack included
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilised in ergonomics, layout and metering
Legacy 4K – SSL Analogue Enhancement
Solid State Logic SSL 2 USB Audio Interface has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it’s the sound of our classic EQ ‘242’ and ‘292’ EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our groundbreaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we’re always moving forward. Nothing highlights our dedication to the science than the recent Fusion and SiX product, where we have taken our analogue obsession to another level.
However, sometimes the raw sound of a microphone can sound a little ‘uninspiring’ or lifeless and you need something to bring it to life. This is where the Legacy 4K button comes in. Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). With the Legacy 4K button, SSL have distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into ‘boring’ or ‘dull’ sounding input sources.
High-Frequency EQ boost
The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a ‘forward’, yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
4K consoles are synonymous with a imparting certain ‘mojo’ to signals passing through them. Using modern components, SSL have created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet-sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path.
SSL 2 USB Audio interface Production Pack
Included with the SSL2 interface is a generous array of software titles to get you fully up and running out-the-box. If this is your first Audio Interface, or you’re a seasoned producer, there’s value in the SSL Production Pack to record and sequence some great sounds right away.
- Pro Tools | First – In addition to Protools First, an elite SSL bundle of AAX plugins including the legendary Bombfactory compressors: BF-76, BF-2A and BF-3A.
- Ableton Live Lite – The lightweight edition of Ableton’s acclaimed music creation software for musicians,DJ’s and music producers.
- 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud – SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate this ready-to-roll collection of samples and loops, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud software.
- Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start – Kick-start your musical excursion with 2000+ incredible sounds from synths, sampled instruments, basic effects.
- SSL Native Vocalstrip2 & Drumstrip – In addition to the brilliant selection of 3rd party software, SSL are bundling their DrumStrip & VocalStrip2 plug-ins! SSL’s renowned knowledge of audio processing and workflow, distilled into two easy to use plug-ins designed to get awesome results, rapidly and reliably on your vocal and drum productions.
SSL 2 USB Interface Technical Specifications:
- Freq response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst) ± 0.05dB
- Freq response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic) ± 0.1dB
- Mic Input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 termination): -130.5 dBu
- Input Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 110.5dB
- Monitor Output Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0015 % @ -8 dBFS, <00.5 % @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor Outputs THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0012% @ -8 dBFS, <0.002 % @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum Input Level: +5.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +12.5 dBu
- Mic/Line/Inst Inputs: 2
- Legacy 4K Switches: Yes
- Balanced Monitor Outputs: Yes
- Stereo Headphone Outputs: 1
- Low-Latency Monitor Mix Control: Yes
- USB Bus-Powered: Yes
Weight & Dimensions:
- Width x Depth x Height: 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7″ / 234 x 157 x 70mm
- Weight: 1.94lbs / 880g
- Boxed weight: 2.6lbs / 1.18kg
The ProAudio has a team of music gear experts who provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Talk with the ProAudio Consultant today and we will assist in choosing the suitable outboard gear needed for your audio requirements.